Heads and Tales
Situated below the Rutland Hotel and next door to the The Ghillie Dhu on Rutland Place, Heads and Tales is one of Edinburgh’s best kept secrets! Head down the steps and enter an intimate bar that houses its own gin distillery. That’s right, by day Heads and Tales is Edinburgh Gin’s Distillery where you can learn about the art of gin distilling and even make your own gin to your own recipe to take home!
From 5pm till late (closed Monday) the team of gin devotees will create whatever your gin-loving heart desires! Or book a Gin Tasting Session where the team talk you through the gin journey accompanied by tastings and sharing platters of tasty little bites.
Of course, you can always have a vodka and tonic, a beer or a glass of wine – whatever’s your poison!
- Heads and Tales really is entirely distinctive within Edinburgh. Where else can you sit and enjoy an exquisitely made G&T with the hot gin stills of Edinburgh Gin behind the glass wall in the bar?
- The cocktail list is a unique too as it comprises of a G.I.Y. menu – “gin it yourself” where you choose your preferred glass, gin, mixer, garnish and serve – your drink, your way.
- The food menu is authentic and locally sourced whilst being petit! Sharing platters of charcuterie, cheese, haggis bon-bons, fish n chips – there’s always a treat to whet your whistle.
- Bookings are now being taken for our super-special “Gin Through The Ages Tasting” with sharing platters to accompany your intimate session with one of our skilled bar tenders as they talk you through the evolution of gin and give you 4 quite special gin and tonics to enjoy.
- Heads and Tales have booths you can hire for private use from 8-12 people but we can also be hired for private parties, small functions and various social gatherings! With no room hire charge and a rare and impressive venue – what are you waiting for?
- Edinburgh’s West End is such a treasure trove of curios and Heads and Tales fits in so well with the unusual and unique boutique style shops and restaurants in the area. The West End is all about discovery, off the beaten track wee venues that you have to go on a treasure hunt to find – that’s what Heads and Tales is….the treasure at the end of the hunt!
- Requiring mention here is The Edinburgh Gin Distillery. http://www.edinburghgindistillery.co.uk/. They are phenomenal house guests! From 10am-4pm, Edinburgh Gin, innovate, create and their wonderful gins in full view of tourists and gin lovers. The run Connoisseurs Tours, Gin Discovery Tours and Make Your Own Gin Classes.