Edinburgh’s West End BID – Marketing Manager
Do you have a passion for achieving key results through marketing and events? If so, join Edinburgh’s West End Business Improvement District (BID) and showcase your talents and helping the area and its businesses prosper. Please email your CV with a covering letter highlighting why you would be a success in this role to Sunil Varu, BID Operations Manager, at email@example.com. Closing Date is Friday 15th June 2018.
This sets out the objectives, activities and outcomes for the BID Marketing Manager.
The Marketing Manager of Edinburgh’s West End Business Improvement District (BID) Company Ltd will design, develop and implement the BID’s marketing plan. The BID’s marketing plan includes a schedule of key events/activities, the on-going management of a website, on-going communications with levy payers, and significant social media presence. The objectives of the BID’s marketing plan are to drive footfall to the area, encourage people to linger for longer and increase spend in the area.
• Prepare the annual marketing, communication and events plan for BID Board approval.
• Implement and manage the marketing and events plan.
• Measure and report upon the marketing Key Performance Indicators set out by the BID Board.
• Utilising the BID website, social media, and developing a positive relationship with all media to communicate the BID’s projects and successes to the public.
• Email marketing – both B2B and B2C.
• Plan and manage social media accounts for the BID to deliver against agreed objectives.
• Website updates – both B2B and B2C content.
• Website performance analysis using Google Analytics and produce action plans based on the results.
• Print management for event or campaign promotional materials from commission to distribution.
• PR – working with our agency on large projects.
• Build relationships with key members of the press and bloggers and develop press copy.
• Manage online and offline advertising as agreed in the marketing plan by the Board.
• Manage collaborative communications with BID events and project partners.
• Working with BID Manager and Board to inform local stakeholders about upcoming events and activities
Contact and Management
The Marketing Manager will be based at BID Company offices in Edinburgh’s West End, will report to the BID Manager, will be accountable to the EWE BID Board of Directors and shall attend monthly meetings of the West End BID Company.
Download Marketing Manager Job Spec