We’re hiring – Digital Comms Assistant
25 hours per week, 6 month contract, £1,000 per month.
We are seeking a creative and ambitious Digital Comms Assistant on a self-employed basis to work with Edinburgh’s West End BID. Enthusiastic and creative, you will produce engaging content to help raise the profile of Edinburgh’s West End and its businesses on our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter). The post holder will be confident working in a small team and demonstrate the same level of passion, belief and commitment to the West End as our BID Board and BID businesses. Working closely with the the Marketing Manager, you will also assist in developing and delivering online campaigns to support our calendar of events and activities.
- Devise and publish stories about our BID businesses by visiting and interviewing owners/managers. You will use photos and videos to boost the profiles, where appropriate.
- Visit each of the c.160 BID businesses at least once every 5 weeks to keep up to date with their current activity.
- Increase the engagement of the EWE BID social media platforms – promote and share information on our events and activities, helping the EWE BID grow its online community and readership.
- Develop and compile the database of the EWE BID business base.
You will be a
- Passionate social media person that loves keeping up to date with the latest trends, with an in-depth knowledge of the various channels used to promote businesses.
- Creative person able to conceptualise and implement original, engaging and high-performing content.
- Confident person with excellent communications skills able to engage with business owners and managers.
- Person with strong analytical skills – so a love for reporting and statistics would be a bonus!
Email your CV with a covering letter stating why you are suitable for this post to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Sunil Varu, Operations Manager, Edinburgh’s West End BID.
Deadline for applications : Midday, Wednesday 18th April 2018